Monday, April 12, 2010

In Search of Mulch

Yesterday, I crammed the kiddies and hubby into the truck and went in search of Mulch. Bulk Mulch. I have way too much area to cover to get bagged mulch. It should've been an easy task...or so I thought! See what thinking gets me.

Store 1: My favorite garden store uncharacteristically closed for the winter ~ I blame the economy! So obviously there was no mulch there. They will reopen in a few weeks. So there is that to look forward to.

Store 2: Had Bulk Mulch but we walked through the entire garden center for nearly 15 minutes and never saw an employee! So we shrugged our shoulders and piled back into the truck.

Store 3: An out of the way Greenhouse that I've been wanting to visit FOREVER! Oh, it was a beautiful sight. Alas, they don't get their bulk mulch in until the end of April. ~Sigh~

Stores 4, 5, and 6: Bagged Mulch only! But the chickees and the duckies were in! I love Spring!

I don't know what I would've done if I found mulch anyways. Hubby and I couldn't agree on a mulch color. He loves Red but I know it doesn't "go" our log cabin stain. I like the black because I think it makes the soil look "rich". He thinks it's too dark. In the past, we've gotten natural but that doesn't stay fresh looking very long. Choices, Choices, Choices!

2 comments:

Ann said...

As for your #2 stop - poor customer service can really break a store. That's too bad. Hope you ended up being successful in the end. Plant and Garden Blog

Unknown said...

I have to agree. I spend a bit more than the average Joe on my ever increasing garden obsession so it's really their loss.