Thursday, January 24, 2008

Winter Crafting and Garden Dreaming


Growing up my mom had a homemade knitting loom that she would use to make scarves and such. During a recent cold snap I called my mom and asked her if I could borrow the contraption to make my son a scarf. Within a day I had knitted a camo style scarf for my rough and ready seven year old. It was quite fun so I hopped online to see if anyone else had one of these old fashioned looms...Apparently I am the only crafter in the world who didn't know that Knifty Knitter had updated the knitting loom. I rushed out to Wal-Mart and purchase the circle looms immediately. I have since made each of my daughters a scarf. I'll be trying some hats soon. After all, we got 3 feet of snow within 36 hours so...we could all use some nice warm hats. And of course, I've been scouring the internet for how to's and tips from other knifty knitters. My fave sites so far: http://www.decoraccentsinc.com/ and http://www.yarngear.com/
But despite keeping my hands busy I'm starting to get "Cabin Fever" and I'm fighting off the winter blues by planning this spring's garden projects. Last year I put in 5 new garden beds ~ all perrenial flowers! I'm hoping this year we'll be able to make raised beds for a veggie garden.

No comments: